Youth Worker (Unpaid Voluntary Role)
As a Youth Worker, you’ll need to:
- Assess the needs of young people to correctly plan and deliver sessions.
- Inspire, engage and connect with young people.
- To be able to discuss and speak about relevant and important topics that young people are facing and dealing with today.
- Help run arts-based activities, community/environmental projects, residential activities, outdoor education and sporting activities.
- Support young people in different settings, including outreach work.
- Mentor, coach and support individuals.
- Work in partnership with professionals from other organisations that support young people such as social care, health, police, education, youth offending teams and local authorities.
- Attend regular training and development opportunities to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of safeguarding, health and safety and local policy development.